Massage Therapy focuses primarily on restoring muscles to optimal length, strength and balance. Whether the cause of the pain is primarily muscular or a secondary reaction to trauma, muscles will react to protect and guard the affected area. By reducing muscle pain, we allow the body to relax and recuperate.
Common techniques used by our registered massage therapists are deep tissue massage, cross fibre massage, myofascial/trigger point release, muscle attachment release, stretch massage, neuromuscular therapy and craniosacral therapy. These forms of massage therapy can be applied through clothing or over bare skin using a lotion.
What are the benefits of Massage Therapy?
Using touch to increase the circulation to the affected area while also addressing other involved parts of the body, has far-reaching benefits that include:
- Relief of pain, tension and muscle spasm
- Increased ease of movement
- Restore the previous level of activity
- Improved sense of vitality and well being.
Common conditions treated with Massage Therapy at Penticton Physio:
- Whiplash Associated Disorders due to motor vehicle accidents
- Neck strains and low back strains (including sciatic pain)
- Muscle spasms, stiffness and pain
- Sports Injuries e.g hamstring/calf strains
- Rotator cuff strains, tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
Our Massage Therapists will be happy to assist you in restoring optimal health, full range and function.
Looking for Appointment in Penticton, BC?
Our experienced massage therapists can help you relieve pain and muscle tension, increase your range of movement, and restore a higher level of activity. Give us a call at the Penticton Sakha Physiotherapy and Sports Wellness Center or book an appointment. Penticton Sakha Physiotherapy is here to provide customized treatment plan to its every patient.